Sunday, June 8, 2008

Leaving Soon!

My friend Nicole and her husband left last week for Chile. Her first blog entry was travel quotes. For those of you who know me- I love quotes! So, to copy her... here are some of my favorite travel quotes.


“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” - St. Augustine

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” - Henry Miller

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” - Miriam Beard

“Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by.” - Robert Frost




Here is Jordan and my motto for our trip:

“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” - Mark Twain




10 days left in Bellingham.

5 comments:

jmontreuil said...

Or spend a weekend with family with them.

Anonymous said...

hey there! Good quotes. Did you just start your blog?? Here is my blog
looking-for-a-light.blogspot.com/
Miss you! So what is new?

Anonymous said...

Carrie, You will most certainly be missed at Madison. Best of luck & happy trails to you.
LLK

Anonymous said...

We'll be checking in on you often to see how you're doing. Hope you two have the time of your lives! We'll miss you...

melodyy said...

Hey Carrie sorry we couldn't talk about costa before you left. I go every couple of years and still have a lot of family there-- my faves volunteering at Cahuita national park (turtle patrol), rafting the pacquare river, visiting the waterfall near arenal and snorkling at Playa Conchal in guanacaste. I hear the Osa Peninusuala is beautiful. Also for a cool sustainable development project visit www.ranchomastatal.com. My cousin Nuria is your age and teaches art in the schools if you email me I'll send her your info, she could be a contact for you.
Best Wishes you will be missed at Madison
Melody