
Yes, I am going to go in chronological order. I haven't been good about posting, but in order to keep everything in order, I'm going to write about this first and then the post I'm sure most of you are here to read.
So, rafting... Well, as some of you may know, I'm scared of everything. Rafting is no exception. After all the safety information, we loaded into our boats and headed down the river. We had practiced all the commands and our guide seemed very good (also, it was his birthday and I figured this was a good sign that he would try to keep us alive so that he could go to his birthday party later that day).
Our first few "rapids" were a little scary for me. The biggest of the day was a class four rapid, and the first few were barely class ones. That made me little nervous. Turns out my fear was founded and on the first real class one rapid, the whole boat flipped and everyone flew out into the water. No, I'm not joking.
I lost my paddle, we all scrambled to find the top of the water and eventually we all made it back into the boat. It was startling but turned out okay, so I had a little more confidence that I would survive this adventure.

The rest of the day went smoothly except on the biggest rapid. Jordan and our friend Andrew were in the front of the boat and Andrew's wife Ali and I were behind the boys. On the biggest rapid, Andrew and Jordan were shot out of the boat and into the rapids. The guide yelled for Ali and I to get in the front.
Get in the front? No thanks.
I wanted to say no. In reality I knew I had now choice so we hoisted ourselves to the front. I don't really remember the rest of the rapid just that I don't think I was really paddling and all I focused on was staying in the boat.

After the rapid we saw that Andrew and Jordan had been rescued by other boats. They had even picked up Jordan's lost shoe somewhere along the way.
It was a fund bonding experience and I'm glad I did it. I don't know, however, if I ever need to do it again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment