Sunday, October 12, 2008

Manuel Antonio Trip

Today is Sunday and Jordan is at a fiends house watching NFL, so I have time to sit down and update my blog! The first thing is our trip to Manuel Antonio and a visit from Dad and Pam.

On September 11 Jordan and I got to play hosts for the first time here in Costa Rica. It felt surreal to have people from our old lives in our new lives. Having them here was really nice- it was good to talk to people who already know us. We didn't have to explain everything!

They stayed with us for a few days and then we headed to Manuel Antonio/Quepos for 3 days. Manuel Antonio is one of the big tourist destinations here. The closest town is Quepos and then there is a winding road strung with hotels and restaurants leading to Manuel Antonio National Park. It was about a 6 hour drive on the way there because a bridge was under construction and there was traffic.





We stayed at a nice hotel on the beach. It had a small pool and a path to the beach. The first day we were there we headed to the National Park. We hiked up through the rain forest and saw a few sloths. We ended up at a small beach. We played in the water and enjoyed the scenery. We then went to another beach that is better for swimming and spent some time there. It was a beautiful day and the water was wonderful!



The next day we went to the beach in front of our hotel and hung out there. It was very relaxing! This beach was great and there was a soda nearby that brought us food on our beach chairs! I had a really good burrito. MMM...

Each night we ate really good dinners. I enjoyed enchiladas and fish. It was a nice change from the usual food we eat in Heredia!



All around it was a great trip. After Manuel Antonio, Dad and Pam went to Volcano Arenal for a few days. We met up with them for a last dinner and then they headed back to the US.

It was really hard adjusting back to working. I went from semi-resident to tourist to semi-resident again in 3 days. It wasn't long before I was back in the swing of things again, though.

2 comments:

viagra online said...

I think the last time I went to Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio My favorite place was the Tárcoles River with its crocodiles and egrets!

Anonymous said...

hi