Its a funny story, really. Every time this year that were somewhere romantic on a trip (the Carribbean, Samara, Panama, the mountains, etc) I would always think about how romantic it would be for Jordan to propose there.
However, when he did actually pop the question, I was totally shocked and honestly had not been thinking about it that whole weekend.
A few teachers decided to go to the beach the weekend after the last week of school. Jordan and I had planned all along to spend our last trip in Samara as we had done for our first trip in Costa Rica. Everyone left on Sunday morning except us because we were leaving on Monday instead. We had spent the morning wandering town and hanging out at the beach. We decided to go surfing but we wanted to digest our lunch first (you wanted the whole story, right?) so we walked down the beach a bit to read until we were ready.
Not long after we sat down Jordan asked me to stand up.
"Why?"
"Just stand up."
"Um, okay..."
Just then I saw something in his hand and I realized what was going on. I started getting embarrassed because there were people around. I just wanted him to stand up. He said he loved me very much and asked if I would marry him. I said, "Yes. Stand up!"
He stood up and we hugged and then he got back down on his knee to put the ring on my finger. I pulled him up again. How embarrassing! (Really there was no one around and no one noticed, but for me there might as well have been 100 people watching.)
We realized that the ring didn't fit, but he told me not to worry because there were 4 more possibilities back in the room. He had bought the first ring in Dominical when Amber and Danny were visiting. But he second guessed his choice and ended up with 5 rings total. None of them fit, however, so we had to find another one the next day before we left.

Directly after I said yes it started raining. Then it poured. We decided to go in the ocean (in CR the water, air and rain are all the same temperature). We swam and played until we were the only ones left on the beach. Then we walked back in the rain and got ready for dinner. It was still raining so we were the only ones at the restaurant. But, as you can imagine I'm sure, it didn't matter.


So, that's the story. It was wonderful and perfect!

2 comments:
That's perfect! I love how you said, "yes, stand up". That's like me saying, "Are you serious?" I love that we both get so embarrassed on the spot. Ha! Congratulations! -Rachel
I love that, and I love you guys. Congrats and looking forward to seeing you!
Erin
Post a Comment